Just bought a Roland Edirol

SteveDrummer

It came with Cakewalk Sonar LE. When I select the tracks to record within the software, none of the mics are registering. I have tried everything. Any suggestions? Has anyone used cakewalk with this mixer before?

What do you mean none of the mics are registering???

Do you mean no movement in the meters or do you mean when you select the audio source the dropdown menu doesn't include the Edirol as an option?

There should be a utility in Cakewalk called a Wave Profiler. Have you used that and set up the Edirol as your soundcard???

Next question is what kind of mics??? Do they need phantom power???

Yeah the meters are what I meant. I went into the wav profiler, selected the Roland Edirol, then in the track properties I selected the proper left and right tracks for the corresponding microphones that are plugged into the Roland Edirol. It worked on my friend's mac with garage band, but not on Cakewalk. The Sonar LE software came with the unit. I can't imagine they aren't compatible. When I boot up Cakewalk it says the following devices or drivers may be in use my another appliication and it lists out the Roland Edirol channels 1/2 3/4 5/6, etc... There is no other application running. No idea what is happening... pretty frustrating..

Are you using the ASIO drivers for the interface? A few things from your post suggest to me that you might be running on the WDM/KS drivers, which might be the source of your problem.

You have to arm the track for recording before the meters will respond.

Are you using consdensor mics or dynamics???

Ok it was set to the WDM/KS drivers. I changed it to ASIO. There were different options at the pulldown of the track properties. I chose tracks one and two and still no meter. I appreciate your help, atleast I am on the right track it seems...

You have to arm the track for recording before the meters will respond.

Are you using consdensor mics or dynamics???

Mics are dynamic. Yeah, the tracks are armed for recording. I have used Sonar for quite awhile. I just haven't used it with this gear before and the manual has no help regarding software.

Back