Just another love song of course :D

It's a pretty good melody. I think the vocal needs more dynamic control. If I was producing this I would smash the bejesus out of your vocal with a fast 1176-style compressor, then back it off a bit just to smooth the vocal out and get it sitting better. Mind you what I know about producing could be chiseled on the head of a pin

Nice song, great vocals. I got the impression that the guitar and piano were fighting for attention and taking everything away from the vocal. Sometimes the piano would dominate in the right ear and then the guitar would take the stage in the left ear and I could never really focus on the words. A drastic option would be to drop either the guitar or the piano and see how it comes through but that of course may leave the backing a little light. I agree with other comments that the guitar and piano should be doing something different. If the piano did the same thing and the guitar was used in arpeggio just to highlight and complement the chords being played on the piano, it may sweeten the backing. If pushed for an opinion, the guitar is too busy in this recording

Thanks BH and GL....
Good suggestions all. I've read about using 2 compressors (fast and then slow like 1176 + LA2A) on vocals so I'm going to play around with that to see what it does. The piano is touch sensitive so it pops out here and there, whereas the guitar is more constant. Maybe a piano compressor? I'd prefer to have both guitar and piano but it does take some doing to get them to blend properly (level and arrangement). Always learning of course...both playing and mixing :D

Hey ido, just a thought, the 'Mix This' forum is a possibility to see what other members could come up with for ideas for your tune. I understand if you wish to have it personal to you, but I would surely love to mess with, and maybe add some tracks to your tune for the sake of fun.

Jimmy

Hey ido, just a thought, the 'Mix This' forum is a possibility to see what other members could come up with for ideas for your tune. I understand if you wish to have it personal to you, but I would surely love to mess with, and maybe add some tracks to your tune for the sake of fun.

Jimmy

Sure - I've actually just sent tracks to RockinRobby for him to add to it. But it would be fun to get a few more people to play around with them. Let me know where to upload them.

Back