Just a song

Cool tune dude. Very good sounds. Not much to say about it, except I like it. Cool, straight up rock.
Ed

Alright, permission to make fun of a song... here I go.

Lameass note @ :34 (just kidding)

Anyway,
Man, this has a cool feel going on.
I like the drum sound, nice tones on the guitars too.
Yeah that 1:33 part & on rocks! Around 2:15 it almost sounds like the rhythm electric is a bit loud and hiding something (electric/synth).
That freaky synth sound later on is... well freaky. I like.
Nice rocking/cool feeling tune ;)

Thanks, guys, for the replies!! There are actually no synths in this song. That "freaky" part is actually bowed vibes. Its really cool sounding, and unique, too. I think that was a moment of divine inspiration.

The drums were actually pretty (ok really) crappy, a $175 Percussion Plus, set, with Camber cymbals, except for the crash, which was a Zildjian A thin crash (or something like that). We used the crappy Shure PG mics for the drums, with Oktava 012's for overheads. We may have used a 57 on the snare, but I don't remember whether it was that or one of the PG's. It really is amazing what you can do with crappy drums and good tuning!

My favorite part is 4:24 building back up, I don't know how I did it, but I just love that low bass rumble coupled with the kick, and its just really sweet!!

Anyway, thanks guys! Keep em comin'!

Back