Just a NOte about Cooledit

charon17

I love it.. it will be a long long time before I ever change to another sequencer... even when I do get the cash to afford it..
the prog. is easy to use, effective and looks damn great...

Charon

Hmmm.. seems I;m tired..

this was meant to be in response to "multi-track recording / editing" threaded by o-ron.. woa is the late night mixer and his atrophied brain. :D

just on the side...
to what extent does everyone apply to keeping track of their wav "manipulations" (such as effects, recorded levels etc.)? Writing all this down can be quite tedious, but when you want cohesion from one wav of a similar type to the next, such as the case with a vocal track that happened to be recorded in parts.. you might end up kicking yourself a great deal over the amount of correlating work you just created for yourself..

gargly..

Charon

"I love it.. it will be a long long time before I ever change to another sequencer..."

Cool. But Cool Edit isn't a sequencer.

What is a Sequencer...?

That's interesting because the moment I wrote that cooledit was a great sequencer my spidey sences went off... somewhere along my recording research trails I must have found this out.. but the notion is obviously lost in my deep subconsious..
let me guess it's probably a multi-tracker + effects program?

hmmm... so what exactly is a sequencer?

A sequencer is a program or a module of some sort that controls a midi device (keyboard, drum machine, etc...), or some other "unplayed" sound source (virtual sampler, virtual drum machine, etc.). Wheras with cool edit you're recording music that you're playing live or already otherwised sequenced, a sequencer would need to be programmed to play the sounds you want.

Kind of like

cool edit = tape recorder
sequencer = programmed drum beat on a drum machine

:cool:

THanks..

title says it all..
that was a beautiful description...

Charon
like your name btw...
and the pic..

Back