just a little whining

Layla Nahar

I have to keep myself from playing this week and probably, for best results, next week. My tendonitis is acting up.

I'll sing instead, & work on interval recognition ...

any body got any good advice for ear training?

Layla Nahar said:
any body got any good advice for ear training?

Listen?

How about composing some melodies and arrangements on the keyboard while you are healing up? Also maybe try putting some slinky strings on your axe?

"listen" ... ok - I guess I walked into that -
You know, I think I will restring with a lighter guague. I need new strings anyway.

Play intervals, and sing them back. When you are able to do that with great ease, Sing intervals before you play them. Get the first note in your head and then sing before you play. It will open up great worlds of tonality in your mind.

Sorry. Having a music degree makes me say things like that. Worlds of tonality. So lame. haha.

you could play some sweet ass air guitar to yourself...thats what i did in fifth grade...i was awsome.....or for reals...listen you your favorite guitarist and that will help....
when i cant play the blues...its some SRV for me...although i could never play guitar with 13 gauge strings...Unless of course i was on as much coc as he was

Layla Nahar said:
........any body got any good advice for ear training?

<----------Wanders in from pool, shakes head like a dog to get water out of ears. DON'T get water in your ears if you want to hear properly :D

So Boston's cold huh? It's probably not helping with the tendonitis............but anyways, it may be worth getting some Glucosamine capsules. The recommendation came from UpStateNY (Steve) here on HR a few years back and they sorted out the left hand problems I was having at the time.

Good luck with it and don't be a stranger around here ;) .

:cool:

Back