juice

Ah, cool stuff Pete. I remember hearing the first version of this on your page with just the high chorus vocals. Great to hear you adding a rap verse to it. I agree that the rap vocals could possibly come up a touch, but it's no deal breaker.

The instrumentation coming back in after the GWB sample sounds wee bit off beat to me, like it's slightly rushed or something? I dunno, I think that's what it is, I'm a bit rusty at the moment.

Other than that it's all good and nice to hear something new from you with vocals on :cool:

Cool. Thanks for checking it out rob.

I think you're just rusty man. :) That's the best part! Maybe it's where I chopped the drums off? That was tough to get exactly right as these drum tracks are so noisy that there's no silence anywhere to make a clean cut.

Yeah, it was nice to sort of sing something for a change. I'd do more of it if it weren't for having to write lyrics first. :)

I like it. I wanted that first chorus part one more time before the break (just 4 more bars to impress upon thy mind;)
Cool track though man. Wish I had it goin' on like that.

Maybe it's where I chopped the drums off? That was tough to get exactly right as these drum tracks are so noisy that there's no silence anywhere to make a clean cut.

Ah, yes - that's exactly what it is. The chopping isn't quite at the beginning of the pattern, but if you knew about it and it's just the limitation of the samples, then probably not worth revisiting. Told you I was rusty.

I like it. I wanted that first chorus part one more time before the break (just 4 more bars to impress upon thy mind;)
Cool track though man. Wish I had it goin' on like that.

I was not aware that I had it going on. I won't lie though, it feels pretty good. :)

That might have been a good move right there extending the first chorus. I wonder if I should've waited a little longer for it to kick in too? I dunno, the arrangement feels kind of rushed, but even at just 2.5 mins, I didn't want to give people a chance to get bored. :)

Thanks for listening and commenting.

Ah, yes - that's exactly what it is. The chopping isn't quite at the beginning of the pattern, but if you knew about it and it's just the limitation of the samples, then probably not worth revisiting. Told you I was rusty.

:)

I wanted the drums to come back on the whack of the snare, you know? I just couldnt do that without the tail end of the open hat being heard which sounded very fake and too abrupt. :( I settled for it coming in on the kick drum.

Man, I like this plenty. In the choruses after the word "bottom" At 1:40 it clearly needs a grizzled old man with a Czech accent saying "you like a the juice?

Also, maybe a breakdown, just bass and vocal? The song is too short, pimp.

Man, I like this plenty. In the choruses after the word "bottom" At 1:40 it clearly needs a grizzled old man with a Czech accent saying "you like a the juice?

Also, maybe a breakdown, just bass and vocal? The song is too short, pimp.

Thanks man. I was unable to find an old Czech, but I like your idea of a break with bass and vocals only.

I tried some stuff from this thread and did a new mix today. Not sure it's any better?

* I lowered the organ on the right a bit,
* raised the vocal level (S's and hard consonants are kind of harsh, eh?)
* made Dubya's voice skip once
* tightened up the cut back to the beat following W
* I also started the last verse with just bass and vocals, then brought other elements back in

I think it might be too bare now in that one section? The bass sounds full with everything else, but by itself there it sounds kind of wimpy. If anyone cares to listen again, let me know what you think,

I feel like the eye doctor flipping those different lenses in that massive machine of his - is this better, or worse? Better, or worse...? After a while, you're like, same.

hey guys i need help. how can i post soundcloud embed players?

Type: (forward square bracket)soundcloud(backward square bracket)Insert you soundcloud link here(forward slash forward square bracket) soundcloud (backward square bracket)

If you can understand that, you deserve to succeed.

Type:

and put the copied soundcloud link between the bracketed bits.

Unless you're typing with invisible ink, that didn't work, Dobro.

Ah fuck, you fixed it. Thanx for making me look foolish. Like I need your help. :eek:

This is just plain awesome!

Thanks rami!

hey guys i need help. how can i post soundcloud embed players?

Click "share" on your track on soundcloud and copy the link.

Start a post here and click on "advanced".

Towards the bottom right of the toolbars in advanced you'll see a little soundcloud icon. Click on it and it will paste some info in brackets. Paste your soundcloud link in between those brackets in the body of your post. Presto! :)

I feel like the eye doctor flipping those different lenses in that massive machine of his - is this better, or worse? Better, or worse...? After a while, you're like, same.

Zackly, Jack. But this one's definitely better. You didn't say you changed the bvs, but I can hear them way better than the first version. Everything's clearer. It was funky before, and now it's excitingly funky. BOA award goes to you for this one, most favored artist.

Channeling your inner Beck here, Pete? :)

ADORED this. Very creative and very different. The sound was unique, and I wouldn't change a thing.

Zackly, Jack. But this one's definitely better. You didn't say you changed the bvs, but I can hear them way better than the first version. Everything's clearer. It was funky before, and now it's excitingly funky. BOA award goes to you for this one, most favored artist.

I don't think I changed the chorus vocals? They do sound louder now though... :) Maybe I forgot?

Thanks for giving it another listen.

BOA = Bank of America? I didn't know they dabbled in music...cool. :)

Channeling your inner Beck here, Pete? :)

ADORED this. Very creative and very different. The sound was unique, and I wouldn't change a thing.

So, which is it? Unique, or sounds like Beck? :p

Nah, just kidding. I suppose it can be both.

Shit, is it really that Beck-like? I can't seem to shake that comparison, although it's a favorable one from my perspective, so thank you.

-- I take it the break with just bass & vocals done at the suggestion of supercreep didn't sound too jarring or empty then? I'd like to leave it in there unless it sounds like crap, in which case I will blame him and start calling him supercrap. :)

Ha ... well, YOUR version of Beck ... which makes it unique. No. I found the whole thing cohesive and enjoyable.

Nah, people will say "Beck" any time they hear a Cock Asian "rapping". That's where the similarity ends. :)

Shit, is it really that Beck-like? I can't seem to shake that comparison, although it's a favorable one from my perspective, so thank you.

Next time Beck wins a Grammy, Kanye's going to storm the stage again shouting that Ape Teeth were robbed :p

I've got no speakers to listen to your update currently Pete, but I'll check it out when I do!

Back