joro and dtb

Well-done re-mix

Lots more character here - I like this tune a whole lot. Cool collab - cool pickin - cool tune - must be very cool people!!
Thanks for sharing!!
~Milan

I don't know about joro, but I'm cool. LOL just kidding. meeting joro at the jamfest was a plus in my life, as well as all the others. I'm real sorry he and I didn't get to pick together while there. man, that was a fast week-end. thanks for the comments.

Dan

Good job, guys. Nice clean Mandolin, as always Dan. Next jamfest I'm gonna get your but up to a microphone more often if'n ah hafta hogtie you. Bass is maybe still a tad too boomy. Vox is sitting just right now, I agree, although still gets a bit tangled up with the mando at times; might want to pull the mando down a little while the vox is going on.

hey slim, what's up man, thanks for the listen and the comments. I hope next year I'll be hooked up, dude. LOL

Dan

woah...........................

thanks fellas....and thank you too Dan :D

I am totally psyched that I FINALLY got a mix right.....

more to come hopefully in the near future...

Take good care everyone....

P.S. LI...did you listen to the first mix at Dan's page or the re-mix at my page?:confused:

Just curious man...

Thanks again fellas..
Joe

joro said:
:D

I like pie.....................and cake.............

Mrs. Smith has a hot pie for ya.

I think you know what I'm talking about hehe, I think it's blueberry!!

GT

Sweet sweet sweet tune you guys. Smooth and pleasing. Dan, you really do have a great voice. One of my favorites around here. It ought to be famous actually.

Listening beyond the great voice, I hear a lot of other great sounds and feelings. Nicely played and recorded guitar and mando. Also, the bass is mxed nicely too, though I'd like it up just a hair more during the choruses.

The only thing about this I'm not sure about is the doubled vocals. It's not that you didn't do them well. It's just that it's obvious that it's two of the same person. If you did a harmony (which would be my preference), the natural change in voice tone would work well enough i think. Or, if someone else doubled your part. Again, I think you did the parts just beautifully as always.

Fantastic tune fellas. Just gorgeous.

Tom

dar's a maine, who's walkin round, takin names

ohhhh yeaaaa, dar's a maine, walkin round

takin names.

thanks friend.

Dan

SLuiCe said:
Also, the bass is mixed nicely too, though I'd like it up just a hair more during the choruses.

Dohhhhhhhhhhhhh! :D

damn......
joro stumbles off into the night shaking his head......almost there he mutters...almost there....

Hey Tom,
Thanks for checking the tune out man...
You are one of the folks who's opinions I value highly here so....
I suppose one more mix will be in order...

I will try to boost the bass in the chorus after the other instrument (s) are added....

Thanks man,
Joe

I liked the song alot. Guitars, vocals, harmonies all sound warm. I have nothing to add. Makes me feel good. A keeper.

SpaceBoy

nicely put together collab on a good tune! echo all the positives.. nothing bothers me about this mix either.. maybe Sluice brings up a good point about the doubled vox.. nice job gentlemen.

joro said:

I will try to boost the bass in the chorus after the other instrument (s) are added....

Joe, it's very little IMO. At least on my monitors, just a subtle touch to slightly boost the body of the chorus sections. Maybe 1- 1.5dB. If that.
If you left it, you wouldn't exactly be ridiculed. :)

Oh and thanks for correcting my spelling in your quote. :D

And I agree with Sam that Sluice may have a point about the doubled vocals.

I'm going to play this tune for my girlfriend tonight. She'll probably leave me for you, Dan. You've just got that kinda voice. :)

damn SLuiCe, hope she likes the tune. but I already got too many girl friends. LOL just kidding, but the wife's not. he he he he

B., what's up dude. thanks. there will be more work on this one.

space type person, thanks for the listen, and comments.

Does anyone know if joro still likes pie?

dtb said:
damn SLuiCe, hope she likes the tune. but I already got too many girl friends. LOL just kidding, but the wife's not. he he he he

B., what's up dude. thanks. there will be more work on this one.

space type person, thanks for the listen, and comments.

I think joro's hot for Mrs. Smith, uh....er I mean her pie, uh....er I mean her baked goods.

GT:D

Very well mixed and put together tune you guys. Some good pickin there. The vocals were clear and warm. A real pro job....
Good work.
Myx

These are my boyz!!! Dan the Man & Joro the Pie Man!!!!

Smoooooooth!!! I'm feelin' that mando'!!'Cept for a weee-bit need to cut the bass a db or 2, I'm flowin' with this!
I hear nuthin' wrong with the mix as it appears appropriate
for this jammie!

Honestly, I'm extremely biased yet I'm at peace with the overall groove and production!

***** 5 star slammie!

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.............

Stayed up late last night...
My friend Aaron dragged his Pedal Steel over here late last night...we tracked until 3:00 AM....
what a great instrument....he is still learning how to play it but, he got some cool licks in...
Please check out the new mix with pedal steel....
second one on the page at NoWhere....
http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1310&alid=-1

VSpaceBoy,
Thanks for checking out the tune man...glad you dug it...

Sam,....wow....cool man....you have great ears so I am truly happy...thanks man....

Tom,
Thanks again man....I left it as is on this mix....
I have to play with the Pedal Steel tracks a bit.. :D
Thanks again man...

pie?...................I like pie.........and cake............ :D

Myx62
Hey man, thanks....Dan is pro level but I sure am not....
Thanks man....

QQ!!!! :D
Give me some luvin' :D

Check out the new mix with the pedal steel man.....
gonna rock your world ! :D

Thanks Q....you da man :D

Thanks again everyone,
Joe

Took awhile for me to get to this one.

Very nice collab, you guys. You've already got a lot of feedback/mix-stuff on this, just wanted to stop by to say "I Liked It"

Nice arrangement, well played, and some great vocals there, DTB, and some fine writing Joro!

Now go and eat some pie! :)

Back