Jon Gray's new song - Let Me Know

Jon. That's so good. Excellent. The recurring guitar theme holds it together beautifully. Melody and lyrics are excellent and it all sits very nicely.

I think that some real bass and drums would make it much more powerful, and also some higher (perhaps female) harmones would give it some sparkle at the top end. As it is, the only thing I would say is that it's a little long; it could certainly bear this length with more musical texture, but as it stands I think it's running out of steam a little after 3 minutes. But all of this is only my subjective view.

Really liked it though - thank you.

Garry

Good song Jon!! The feel of the song, lyrics, singing, and everything is good. As far as critiquing the recording, I usually tell everyone to bring the vocals up, but (I can't believe I'm saying this as a singer) bring the guitars up some. To me they are the driving force of this song. So let us hear them more. I can't believe everyone who posts songs on here is multi-talented.

Thanks guys - I appreciate the kinds works, and the words of advice as well.

It's funny - I originally had a high harmony there, and when I played it back after converting to MP3, all of the out-of-keyness came out...and I punched the whole part out of the song.

Agreed that I need to get at least a bass. The Les Paul is doing a good job of faking it, but it's just not the same.

And really? Bring the guitars up? Wow! I'll be sure to do that on the next one ;)

Have a great weekend.
Jon Gray

Back