John Williams I'm Not

VotaIdiota

Hey guys, it's me again.

Well, a friend of mine is an extremely avid playwright. I've been in a few of his plays, and they're always well-recieved on campus. Plus, the guy is just plain smart. So anyways, he's done a movie that he wants me to score some music for. So I was just messing around with some stuff today, and this is what I came up with. Keep in mind, several of these are loops from Loopology that I've messed around with (only the Rhodes and drums are mine). This isn't really supposed to be the complete thing, nor is it the way it will progress. I was just throwing it all together to see some general outlines. There are quite a few other "motifs" that I have for it, but Reason was being a bitch today so I couldn't get the string section going and what not. Since it was being hard to work with, I also couldn't get some of these loops to stick to multiples of 4 measures, so I apologize if some of the shifts happen out of nowhere. Just wanted to see what you guys think (as instrumental music isn't exactly my forte). I'm not really that concerned with comments about the sound quality, more the stuff in the song (although I'll still take any comments I can get!).

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists...id=1392&alid=-1

it's called "The Prowl"
Thanks.

ok that one worked???...

cool so far....man that distorted..keyboard?..is very cool...but the "final countdown"..piano part that is next ....not so much....lol....and then the BIG STEREO..kyes.....very cool....yeah i can see this as soundtrack music....easily....pretty cool actually...

expand.
jamal

I'm sorry, what "final countdown" keyboard part are you talking about?

I assume by BIG STEREO, you mean the loud distorted bass?

I'm sorry, I appreciate your comments, I'm just a little confused.

remember that song..."its the final countdown"...by europe..i think?...the second ..piano.part that comes in..at 0:32...that part...
and i sorta get the feeling u might be upset..here..and that wasnt my intention at all..i like the song...and if that is a "distorted bass"..then cool .....sorry...im not a sound engineer..so i thought it was synthesizer..my bad..:)

sorry for the confusion...
jamal

jamal buchet said:
remember that song..."its the final countdown"...by europe..i think?...the second ..piano.part that comes in..at 0:32...that part...
and i sorta get the feeling u might be upset..here..and that wasnt my intention at all..i like the song...and if that is a "distorted bass"..then cool .....sorry...im not a sound engineer..so i thought it was synthesizer..my bad..:)

sorry for the confusion...
jamal

oh no, no need to apologize.. I'm not mad at all, I just didn't know what song you were referencing.... I'm not familiar with that song, but I know what you're talking about now. If you've ever seen Lady Hawke, the whole Alan Parsons soundtrack... yeah, I'm kind of iffy on that little high cheesy synth part.... it'll probably come out, but I don't know what to do instead.
what do you think of the bass at the end with all the feedback over it? how it's very low-passed?

It wont play..I get this error:

Cannot find: mmst://hosting.nowhereradio.com/wmstream/yoursundown/bad_ass_score.mp3. Please verify that the path and filename are correct. (Error=C00D001A)

Cannot find: http://hosting.nowhereradio.com/wmstream/yoursundown/bad_ass_score.mp3. Please verify that the path and filename are correct. (Error=80070002)

Cannot find: mmsu://hosting.nowhereradio.com/wmstream/yoursundown/bad_ass_score.mp3. Please verify that the path and filename are correct. (Error=C00D001A)

Cannot open. Please verify that the path and filename are correct and try again. (Error=C00D001A)

Thats pretty cool man.......It has a Catchy hook....the growling synth part went on a little too long it seemed like.....unless there is gonna be something else laid in there along with it......sounds like a good start on a good idea.

Last edited:
Kramer said:
Thats pretty cool man.......It has a Catchy hook....the growling synth part wnt on a little too long it seemed like.....unless there is gonna be something else laid in there along with it......sounds like a good start on a good idea.

yeah, this is just like a bare bones rendition for now... I'm thinking of putting in some samples from various obscure stuff for the hell of it... also, there's a few more parts that I did (that aren't the result of loops) that should help it out...... cause, I mean, if I'm scoring something, I HAVE to throw in some pizzicato violins, right?

I'm really enjoying these sounds and the whole "trip" of this one. What in the world are you wringing these sounds out of? I really like that analog sounding synth and the whole filtering thing you are doing. Cool Stuff!

This is pretty trippy stuff. I get images of a weird drug induced club scene with the camera panning through patrons, flashes to strange angles of individuals, funky stuff like that. I can see this fitting in a bunch of cinematic situations. COOL! :D

Back