John or Ethan???

stoctony

Alright. im getting down to it now. I have done my home work and found the designs that I need. My only delema now is whether I should go with the "John Sayers" or the "Ethan Winer" set up. It seems both are pretty even cost wise. Maybe this will help. 12X14. 9ft ceiling. Tile floors.Will be recording and listening room.
All pros out there please help. Also, Ethan or John, If you see this, I would love to hear from you guys and hear your personal opinion..\

thanks in advance

Stockton

Stockton,

> Ethan or John, If you see this, I would love to hear from you guys and hear your personal opinion. <

I know the type of treatment I recommend works very well because I use it myself, but I'm sure the treatments John recommends work well too. There's no real conflict, and different types of traps can give identical results. I suggest you do whatever seems like less work, or costs less.

Easy, right? :D

--Ethan

Is the debate panel traps vs. slot resonators?

I would think based on my uneducated view and construction experience that in general panel traps would be better for larger rooms and the slot resonators for smaller rooms. By better I just mean you get the most bang for your buck with all things considered (results, materials, labor, space, etc)

Is that a bad assumption?

Well panel traps are alot easier(time & effort) to make. Slot/slat resonators
have some diffusion properties, and more broadband (I think-could be wrong).

Try to incorporate both types, but be sure to do some calc's to see where you need it the most.

T

Back