John Entwistle R.I.P

I heared the news 15 minutes ago... all the best to his familiy and friends.

It hurts seeing that slowly a great musical generation is fading:(

I used to play bass, but the first time I heard the Ox I said "I'll never be able to do that" and I switched to guitar. He was My fav bess player.

I just heard tonight on npr that the band will continue the tour without him. How'd you like to be John Entwistle's replacement? If you're not any good, you'll suck, and if you're really good, you'll suck even more.

It's really all OK. It's all gonna work out. Look at it from the bright side. He got off one Magic Bus and boarded the next Magic Bus. Now he can party, again, with Keith Moon.

I picked up a Who DVD Sunday. The Who (and special guests) at the Royal Albert Hall (recorded 2000).

Simply amazing. Theres a bass solo section in 5:15, complete with a headstock mounted mini-cam.

A Great DVD, worth the price, IMO.

Queue

He had a look of authority, he played with authority at all times, he authored his style, he made no excuses, he made no boasts, he said very little other than reflect how much he loved to play, and all of that was reflected in his sound. "My Generation" is a fabulous example of his ability to carry the groove like a perpetual locomotive and articulate his message with the finesse of a figure skater... I wept.
'from such a reserved man, His contribution to society was yet as large as the world.

a fabulous example of his ability to carry the groove like a perpetual locomotive and articulate his message with the finesse of a figure skater

what a great statement...that's what all musicians should strive for IMHO.

Of course it is old news...

Mebbe I should have posted a new thread...

Still.... check out the DVD. Kick ASS!

Queue

Back