JoeMeeks C2 into Tascam 414mkiii??

k1enneth

I bought a used JoeMeeks C2 compressor and connected it from the effects2 thru the compressor's left channel input and left channel output back to the tascam stereo input...(MONO)... it works but seems a little off. Should I have used Y connectors and connected both the left and right compressor input and Y connect the left and right output back to the Tascam stereo input?...(STEREO) Does any else with the C2 compressor have any advice.

A compressor shouldn't be used through the effects send. By doing that, the compressor is only getting a portion of the signal. Unless you are going for a certain "special effect" the proper way would be to use the compressor in line while recording that way the whole signal is compressed before hitting tape. Since you are a tascam 424111 user you should really check out the 2 videos that go into depth about recording techniques for portastudios.

ok as is!

I'm ok using the compressor as an mono effect insert...I received a response from Tascam tech support which I was came fairly quickly. All is well.

Back