joemeek vc3q vs. aphex 107 dual channel

HearClear

I posted this same question in the mic section and i probably should have put it here first. sorry, i'm new.
Does anyone have any suggestions or experince with either one? I can get the joemeek for $300 new or the aphex for $200 new & on sale.
Thanks
Adam

HearClear said:
I posted this same question in the mic section and i probably should have put it here first. sorry, i'm new.
Does anyone have any suggestions or experince with either one? I can get the joemeek for $300 new or the aphex for $200 new & on sale.
Thanks
Adam

Dunno about the Aphex, but the VC3Q Meek has been all over the place for $200.

Re: Joe Meek v3q & Aphex 107

I have a v3q. Sometimes at Guitar Center you can buy a demo for under $170 + tax. The pre-amp seems to be best
suited for either condenser mikes with a good output (it was weak on an AKG C1000S I used to own), or a dynamic microphone. The Aphex is a dual channel and the v3q is one input although it has two outputs. If you're not planning
on stereo recording the handy thing about the v3q is that it includes compression and has a handy though limited EQ.

Re: where?

HearClear said:

The JoeMeek VC3Q was a featured item on page 47 of Guitar Center's flyer last month for $199.99 (as was the Aphex 107) and I saw it on numerous websites for that price when I ran a search for information on it. I doubt it has gone up.

thanks

Thanks, I do a lot of shopping through musicians friend, mostly if they have sales, and ebay. Mainly because the music stores in my town go by M.F. prices and thats when thier giving me a discount. And the places I've looked at on the web are the same way. Except EM Shorts, but they only sell instruments, I bought a 2000 USA fender strat with ash body for $780 brand new. So if you're looking for a guitar or bass they're at www.wichitaband.com.
thanks
Adam

Back