Joe Meek TwinQ query

Smoulders

Hi there everybody.

Quick question about the digital outs on the Joe Meek twin Q. As you can see from the following screen shot the TwinQ has an Spdif out on RCA connector and an optical out.

I want to connect to an ADAT input on Zed R-16 firewire desk, but I gather that even though the optical output is labelled seperately to the SPdif, it is still sending an SPDIF signal.

The Zed r-16 only has an ADAT input. If I use a lightpipe cable (yet to buy one as I am not sure if this will work) from the optical out will the signal be read by the adat ins on the zed r-16. It appears to be the correct connection, but perhaps the wrong language.

Has it worked for anyone else?

Many thanks indeed

Nick

Hi MOFO

Many thanks for that. Yeah, I have since looked into a couple of options including the Mutec solution, but were lookingat about £600!

I had no idea it would be that expensive.

A Midi man sam would be the cheapest option I think, but there are none about on ebay at the mo.

Cheers

Nick

Never used mine but now you got me to thinking. Guess I'll have to check it out.
Super would your problem have been world clock issues?

:cool:

Hi MOFO

A Midi man sam would be the cheapest option I think, but there are none about on ebay at the mo.
Yup, I have one that I bought dirt cheap at a GC "list" sale years ago. I'll never let it go, and I think that's why you see very few listed... They were discontinued a while ago, You just can't get enough for them to justify loosing that adat to spdif conversion.

I use the digital I/O on the twinQ all the time, and have never had a problem of any kind, either optical or coaxial. But yeah, it's S/PDIF, and *not* ADAT- apples and oranges.-Richie

Back