Joe Meek JM27 pair for acoustic guitar

0018G

Hi everybody! Currently, I have AKG C1000 and C3000's, and have a MXL V67G on the way. I'd like to try a pair of sdc's to record my acoustic guitar tracks, but money is tight right now, so the JM27's look like a good deal. I have seen these mentioned as good overheads(I assume that means for drums?), but has anyone used them for guitar?

I think the JM27s are the same mic as the MXL603.

MXL603 ROCK on acoustic guitar. I'm about to buy some, just becuse they ROCK on acoustic guitar.

drummerdude666 said:
I think the JM27s are the same mic as the MXL603.

MXL603 ROCK on acoustic guitar. I'm about to buy some, just becuse they ROCK on acoustic guitar.
JM27s and MXL603s are NOT the same. I have heard both, and the 603s sounded a little harsher on the high end,and not in a good way, and for some reason they cost more. Anyways, here is a thread discussing the differences:
https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=122277&highlight=JM27+603

The JM27's look an awful lot like the ADK SC1's. I love my SC1's, and I am looking forward to trying the JM's soon.

Pete

I have a pair of JM27s and a pair of SP C4s...The 27s are GREAT with my Seagull, tempering the bat bat fottom end. I haven't really used the C4s much yet, they too sound good with my Seagull, but the 27s found the sweet spot. I have no experience with MXL or any other SDCs, but I believe you'd really like the 27s, especially for the price...

Eric

Back