JMarcomb/DavidK/ 38 violin parts/Dust in the wind

Only 38 violin parts? You wimp! :cool:

There is magic happening when you get good players together. I can't even begin to imagine how this would sound with both of you in the same room. (Of course, that would kill the the 38 overdubs :) )

I already told Jeff that I thought this was just a smidgeon too fast. Regardless, you guys rock.

All I can say is you both can play! My hat's off to both of you.

I`m not qualified to say much so I`ll just stand here with my hat in my hand and say " Very fine Sir!!"

I always loved this song......

even when it was "un-cool" to like it.....

Damn guys....that's some great recording and playing....
Dave....Jesus man....did you do that at home?
This is a saver......no nits.....just lealous as all hell :D

Man...my only complaint is that it need som low strings in with the high strings to balance it out. Got a cello?

Very nice job
Beez

hey everyone
:)

ive been super busy lately and seen that violin virtuoso dave posted this. Ive put in about 70 hours working on remodling a house and a fire job. and making my website in between this week... this would be a great spot to plug my new site..i guess :) www.jeffmarcomb.com let me know what you like or dislike about it .. thanks!

echoing what crawdad said... you really can hear the beauty in the violin when he plays it. hes really a pro player that is "in touch" with his instrument.

im just really happy having someone of his caliber wanting to help out a young lad :)

all you guys are very cool for listening to this 'lil working colab.

thanks again for being so generous..dave!

I'm listening to it now... very nice. The vioilins sound very good, though they perhaps swell up a bit too prominently when doubling the solo. I also think that it would sound better if you played just an acoustic guitar throughout. The doubled -- er -- multiplied violins and the electric guitar there sound very much alike, and the change to electric happens only here, so it seems discontinuous and doesn't, to my ears, add anything worth adding. If you used the acoutic for the solo it would be better, and also the violins would work better doubling -- er -- multiplying the part.

Back