Jesus Stole My Corvette (Surf)

frank1985

Venturing into the world of surf. Lofi, but hopefully not crap-fi? would love to know what you guys think.

REMIXED:

Last edited:
Nice. It's like Beach Boys meets the Munsters. You've nailed the surf sound for sure. I thought I recognised one of the melodies in there. Cowboy theme tune maybe. That's going to bug me now. Good job

Nice. It's like Beach Boys meets the Munsters. You've nailed the surf sound for sure. I thought I recognised one of the melodies in there. Cowboy theme tune maybe. That's going to bug me now. Good job
Thanks Bulls hit. It has a few nods to Hot Butter by Popcorn :)

I think Bulls Hit summed it up well. Highs could be tamed a bit.
I agree re the highs...I should have included more low strings in the backing chords to balance things out a bit as well. But then listening to vintage surf tracks, they too seem quite trebly.

Move over Dick Dale. Frank1985 is surfin.

Sounds great. The bridge at 1.30 works well. I like how the instruments all have their place. They also sound somewhat far away. No clatter or boom in the drums. Are those real? Bassline is effective. Reverb is wet. Great.

The guitar tones are good to me. But I agree that the whole mix could use some help with taming the high end.

@CMolena @DM60 I created a music video with a slightly remixed version - does this sound a little less harsh in the high end to you? The original is in the opening post.

@CMolena @DM60 I created a music video with a slightly remixed version - does this sound a little less harsh in the high end to you? The original is in the opening post.

Hey dude. I've noticed a change. It has high end but now its not that harsh at all. It sounds good to me. I wonder what you did there.

Hey dude. I've noticed a change. It has high end but now its not that harsh at all. It sounds good to me. I wonder what you did there.
Thank molena, it was the spring reverb that was adding a tonne of highs, so I simply shelved the high end from the wet reverb insert and lowered the ‘drive’ function. Plus I cut out a very narrow band from the dry guitar sound - I rarely do surgical cuts but in this case it was necessary

Back