Jazzy tune from Ice-Climbers

bastupungen

Hey guys!

We just recorded a version of the main tune from Super Mario Bros 2. We are, as we always do, about to make a compilation of the songs from this game, this is the start.

I think that the individual tracks from our recordings are awesome. They are warm, full of dynamics and fit pretty good with each other. The problem is that I have no idea what so ever how I am to mix these tracks... Well.. I have a basic idea and can just put them together but i want more then that. I want a warm, jazzy but still modern sound that will fit with the rest of that songs in the compilation, those are more rock-inspired. Not recorded yet though.

Anyway... I'm not really sure what I am after here. I guess I need inspiration and tips how to polish this diamond into something beautiful.

Any tips and tricks or critique are welcome, thank you.

i like it! lol.. i heard a lil out of time beats in the front but the bass line is FUN .. HECK THE SONG IS FUN!!!! great stuff ;)

Did you mean that the melody was out of time at some places or is it something else.

I know some parts are wrong and I had plan to fix that with some creative cutting. But where exactly did you hear the cracks in the flow? Maybe you heard one that i haven't.

Do you have any experience in mixing these kind of songs? Or do you have any general tips for me?

Back