Jazzy Mix

DogmaticVox

Meh...
Here's a song I've been working on. No vocals yet (not sure if I'm even going to put any vocals in at all).

Since this is completely different than any style I normally do I thought I'd post it here for some critiques. I'm especially curious on the bass tone and if I'm close to the mark or need to change it up.

-Garry

The song "So Close" is on Sound Cloud HERE.

It's cool dawg, but gets a little repetitive with out vocals or something to keep it interesting. Sounds really good. Guitars are nice and upfront :D

This more like smooth jazz or pop than true jazz.

But it grooves very well. Without vocals I think the overall mix sounds bright. The guitars are nice and trebly, the bass is groovy and deep, but aside from the lead guitar the mids seem to be slightly lacking. Which would be perfect to mix in vocals.

Nice guitar playing - wish had your chops! The bass is definitely full of lows, and is a bit loud for my taste. Could use a bit more kick. The lead guitar is kinda overpowered by everything unless you're mixing it back like that. Once again SC is taking away from the sonics because of it's low res - but it's convenient so guess we gotta live with it...

Nice live sound quality and, as with my own tracks, this is a instrumental backing piece begging for some vocal work.

Thanks for the comments dudes. I'm trying to come up with vox but I have total writers block thinking of something to sing that doesn't sound completely cheeseball. I'll post a new version when I finish the vox scratch track. I say scratch because I'm down to an SM58 and need to get my hands on a new vocal mic. I've used the Octava's before and really loved 'em.

Back