Jazz Mix

Beautifully recorded. Drums could have been a bit more present, but overall very very good.

The tune is pretty good. The A part sounds almost to exercisey to me -- the mirrored phrases are just a shade too symmetric and predicatble-- but the bridge is just fantastic. I didn't really like the guitar solo too much, but the sax and bass solos are top-notch.

AlChuck said:
Beautifully recorded. Drums could have been a bit more present, but overall very very good.

The tune is pretty good. The A part sounds almost to exercisey to me -- the mirrored phrases are just a shade too symmetric and predicatble-- but the bridge is just fantastic. I didn't really like the guitar solo too much, but the sax and bass solos are top-notch.

Very clear and clean. I also heard the strictness like Al said above. Technically good, but missing feel in the beginning. But I think it comes to life at the end of the guitar solo.

Nice mix. Has a great balance and sense of space. The bass may need a touch of compression which is probably a sin for jazz recording but it's close to being too percussive. It almost sounds like the bass is the featured instrument.

really good mix. A little in face but still a good soundscape. on the features the guitar and sax sound as if they step out a little far. At a lower volume the whole thing meshes real well and sounds more live..

This is really good!

Bass is very prominent, indeed. Perhaps mix it a bit down during the ensemble playing. The sax during the bridge/chorus sections sounds smoooooooth. Very well played.

Very cool.

When the song entered. I almost thought someone had covered SLuiCe's latest acoustic song 'Townie', jazzstyle. Are those the same chords or am I nuts?

Thanks for your comments guys! :)

There are a few things other than what's already been mentioned that I want to fix, so I may do a remix.

Thanks again! :D

Back