Jay Turser JT-LT

philboyd studge

Well it finally came yesterday, I ordered one through Music 123 after reading Firebird64's post on it. I'd sold my '72 Telecaster a few years ago and have missed it ever since and was looking for an inexpensive replacement.

I like it. Boy, is that a lightweight body, kind of like a Danelectro. Good neck feel and the frets are finished fairly well. Tone wise it's as good or maybe a little better than my old tele.

A few things needed adjustment; the action wasn't right cause the neck was a little out, probably due to shipping. They shouldn't tune these things to pitch when they're shipped. Anyway, a little tightening of the truss rod did the trick. Intonation was off on several strings and that was adjusted. The nut wasn't properly rounded off so I sanded that down.

All in all it's well worth the $149 (with free shipping) I paid for it, and I reccomend them highly. I like the contouring on the back too, makes it a lot more comfortable than a regular tele.

So now I'm thinking of getting that acoustic/electric resonator guitar they make.

Back