jar of hearts by christina perri cover sung by ellise let me know your feedback

I give this on a B. Pitch is better than the boat one. Sounds like you have better monitoring/practice with this one.
I find the tone rather boring though. There's no variety in your voice - you need to work on your dynamics and tone. Sounds like you're just yelling out the song rather than singing it. Projection is good but you need more flavor to keep me interested.

Your voice is nice, but you are singing like a stage actress.

I think maybe try this song one or two whole steps sharper and see what shakes out - the higher notes are sounding much more euphonic than the lower register ones.

Edit: Having heard the whole song, I think that you should consider making changes to your arrangements to always keep your voice where you are most comfortable pitch-wise. It seems like you aren't nailing the low notes, and also were a little out on your big glory note - this could be a monitoring issue, but since you aren't always going to be able to hear yourself perfectly, I still think you should identify your strike zone and try to stay in it.

I also notice that when you are rocking out you are much less self-conscious about articulating. every. syllable. perfectly, which is where the stage actress thing came from. Your posture changes and everything. Check it out.

I very much liked you dropping into your falsetto on the octave during the last two phrases. Well done.

Back