Japanese eBay guitar sellers

ido1957

9K Gold Member
Has anyone else noticed a sudden influx of Japan sellers on eBay.com lately?
They have a pretty amazing selection - which looks suspect - I mean where did they get all those new and used / vintage guitars?

From the late 80s onwards, they were buying them all up. For a while now they've been coming back on the market.

I've noticed, on local (Australian) Facebook pages to do with guitars, that there are several regular people all offering a large number of MIJ Fenders of various types quite often - like a new post every week with 6 new guitars, from about 3 or 4 different people. Prices seem reasonable. I'd assume they're coming from the same source...

I was just thinking of selling my MIJ ibanez, suppose the prices will plummet now.

Rinkia is a Jap site similar to Ebay. About 3 years ago you could buy a Guyatone Mosrite copy for <$100. The site did a brisk OS trade as the Japanese don't have any interest in guitars of that era - they were often dirty, hadn't been checked etc and very often only 20-30 bucks. That market was tapped into in a big way with individual guitars being bought & bundled as job lots to be shipped. Those guitars are going for BIG prices now. The Brunos I bought as far back as 78 for $70 and as recently as 2010 for $270 start at $350 now. The Guyatone Mosrite copy I have had a same model jobbie with a starting price of $500 recently. I LOVE jap guitars and the build is usually quite good - def. much better than current Epis - but I wouldn't pay the asking prices.

Back