Jamfest 2021 AKA VT Jamboree #5 August 13-15 (plus a little more around the edges)

VTgreen81

This is your Covid Relief fun. Your vaccination celebration. Your return to normalcy debauchery. 3+ days of beer and BBQ, a covered stage, a decent sound system, a 5000 watt generator, tolerant neighbors and oh my god, the sunsets. Plenty of space for camping or for the less hardy there's a plethora of affordable lodging.
About 5 hours driving from NYC.
About 4 from Ottawa
Only 27 from Waco (you can do it Harris family!)
By now you all know what goes on here.

14 Audet Road Cornwall,VT

Reactions: dtb
So how much stuff should I bring this year ??
I finally got the Crate V30 working, turns out it had Export Trannys in it. so just required a change to the US Electric grid leads on them.
Have not really put it thru its paces yet, so that one will come with.
I think I might bring the UNIVOX 50 watt as well, along with my Ceriatone that was there last year. and if I get the VOX Night Train head tweaked before August, I might bring that too......
So many amps, so little time......
S

Hey guys, this IS a home recording forum. It might be cool to record a few things and post them on Youtube/Soundcloud or whatever.

I would enjoy attending something like that but 1000 miles each way it a bit far.

Hey guys, this IS a home recording forum. It might be cool to record a few things and post them on Youtube/Soundcloud or whatever.

I would enjoy attending something like that but 1000 miles each way it a bit far.
Pretty much every jamfest ends up with some videos getting posted....for me it's a really long ass walk, a pretty long 3 to 4 day drive and or a 5 hour flight with a 2 hour drive..I like the last option best and is what I did the last time I was able to finagle going there. Not sure about this year but it definitely has my interest. You only live once and it's really a pretty short go around in the grand scheme of things.

Let's hope they open up the border by then. That way I can follow the Canuks home and slip off into the Canadian wilderness.

So how much stuff should I bring this year ??
I finally got the Crate V30 working, turns out it had Export Trannys in it. so just required a change to the US Electric grid leads on them.
Have not really put it thru its paces yet, so that one will come with.
I think I might bring the UNIVOX 50 watt as well, along with my Ceriatone that was there last year. and if I get the VOX Night Train head tweaked before August, I might bring that too......
So many amps, so little time......
S
You bring as much or as little as you need to have a fantastic weekend with us all.

Pretty much every jamfest ends up with some videos getting posted....for me it's a really long ass walk, a pretty long 3 to 4 day drive and or a 5 hour flight with a 2 hour drive..I like the last option best and is what I did the last time I was able to finagle going there. Not sure about this year but it definitely has my interest. You only live once and it's really a pretty short go around in the grand scheme of things.
ALB is two hours. BTV is one hour. RUT is only 45 minutes away. See you in August!

Reactions: TAE
Ya know, Harris could pick you up with out going too far out of his way........
I have a feeling that, even if he came, he won't be going out of his way for me. :D

Besides, I'm pretty sure it WOULD be pretty far out of his way. I'd have to look at a map. But it doesn't matter. I'm fairly confident in this year. Got a van again that I'm assured is mechanichly sound after extensive work. My current obsession seems to be getting it ready to camp in. For some odd reason I've got this fantasy that I'm going to take it on the road visiting friends around the country. Of course I still think I'm going to be a rock star too, so my delusions spring eternal.

We need to work on finding something that I can handle playing. I've only got 4 months to practice.

I have a feeling that, even if he came, he won't be going out of his way for me. :D

Besides, I'm pretty sure it WOULD be pretty far out of his way. I'd have to look at a map. But it doesn't matter. I'm fairly confident in this year. Got a van again that I'm assured is mechanichly sound after extensive work. My current obsession seems to be getting it ready to camp in. For some odd reason I've got this fantasy that I'm going to take it on the road visiting friends around the country. Of course I still think I'm going to be a rock star too, so my delusions spring eternal.

We need to work on finding something that I can handle playing. I've only got 4 months to practice.
The route from Waco to Cornwall goes right through Indy!

The route from Waco to Cornwall goes right through Indy!
He'd make me ride in the truck bed. :D

I was pretty confident about the money situation, but now I've got to have a bunch more stuff done to my eyes. Of course my crappy insurance isn't going to pay for any of it. >:(

And how much 'around the edges' are we talking about? I don't want to miss anything I don't have to, but I don't want to overstay my welcome.

I plan on camping in my van. I'd like to bring a tent to put some crap in, or for someone else to use, but I seem to have lost one of the poles at the last JF I used it at in KY.

I think I might bring up my all Boy Leslie if I can get the Preamp and cable I am making working.
It would be an absolute blast to have some guitar played thru that beast..... We will see what other gear I can gather for this years fest....
We do need some keys, and someone to play them....
S

Tssst. It's 2500 miles each way for me and that didn't stop me. That's a terrible excuse.

In all fairness, TAE is even further than I am. lol.

I've attended a similar type event in Michigan for a dozen years. Last year was a covid cancel, like everything else. We were hoping to do it again this year, but latest post this week is that it's been cancelled again. 😢

Maybe I'll just visit my son this summer, it's only a 9 hour drive. I can toss the golf clubs in the car and be there before dinner.
Tssst. It's 2500 miles each way for me and that didn't stop me. That's a terrible excuse.

Back