Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ibanez

• Gibson

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BleedingInto

First let me state, I know it's physically impossible to keep a guitar (100% In Tune @ all times). I am a little OCD about keeping my guitar in tune, but this is hell. 7 years of playing and I still haven't acquired a guitar that can stay in tune without a locking nut.

About a year ago I purchased a Jackson DKMGT. I put EMG 81/85's in it and it sounds "beautifully juicy". Now the only problem is the tuning stability/intonation. I took it a guitar tech and he installed a bone nut, covered an open pot where the old tone knob was, and added planet waves locking tuners to it. So, all seemed like it would work out...WRONG

I can't keep the darn thing in tune, even when the tuners are locked hard. I tried to fix the intonation, but the notes are so flat that I can't fix it unless I move the bridge closer to the pickups which will then cost me more of my hard-earned money. The bone nut looks sloppy. He didn't file the notches right. He didn't intonate it. I am so depressed. My baby(guitar) is dead to me. lol

I try to record at least once a day, so I notice many flaws in tuning. Tone is perfect. Where did I go wrong? Is it the headstock? Advice is appreciated.

Back