I've posted some of my concept work

Shazukura

I've posted some of my concept work at my website http://www.pobox.com/~whichcraft

It's rough, and I havn't really gotten to the point where I am focused on getting the perfect final mix out of the raw material, but I suppose it's never to soon to start, right? So if you care to listen to my stuff it's out there for the grabbing. Alan has lent me his asbestos suit so I'm ready for what ever you have to offer :)

-Shaz

complete overhaul

Thanks to some pretty yucky weather today I spent the day inside and revamping my website to get rid of that "kindergarten" feel it had. Hopefully now it will be easier for people to find the music downloads, or anything else there that might be of interest.

John Sayers: I posted some "studio picts" at my site too, but I don't know if any of it is worthy of your site -- I'm still trying to figure out how I want to finalize my arrangement but the desk I got recently is a great help for cramming a lot into a small space.

-Shaz

Dang, I'll say you changed your site! I was there yesterday, but with all the songs (and the calls coming in at 5am, when we pick up from the night's lull), I didn't end up actually CLICKING on any of those links. Is there a particular song you'd like us to check out? I'll listen to a couple here in a bit...

BTW, what's so odd about your Drum n' Bass track being 1:13? I'm still scratching my head on that one...

Kelly,

The clip-length significance with Drum n Bass was that I posted the 1:13 long clip on Jan-13 (well, ok, I guess you might need to be a numerology-geek to notice, or at least have 1-13 be your birthday or something)

I think that perhaps I wax a bit too apologetic on my website site about how rough these works are, but here is a quick rundown of what you'd get listening to any of the given tracks without the apologies:

Spacedrops - 8 raw tracks, all synth. This clip is actually feeling mostly complete to me so I think I'll be moving it to the "polish me" list soon. I think I'll shoot for about a 4 minute length in the final cut.

Landing - Again, 8 raw tracks, and all synth. Getting close to a "complete" concept, but I think it needs at least one more element.

Drum n Bass - a 5-tracker right now. A little out of control, and quite immature.

Afternoon - 2 tracks, one instrument. Probably not a lot to comment on. Unless I decide to use it in an epic score at some point it will probably go unchnaged. Basically a mellow piano exploration in minors.

Tropic Dusk - 6 raw tracks. Also immature. Needs some re-tracking probably. I'm very likely to be adding a layer or more to this concept as well.

These are all very raw mixes. My Akai DPS16 is very new and I'm learning how to use the EQ and other features still, but if you have any constructive critisizms I can use them as I move the clips closer to a final cut.

-Shaz

Back