I've got your variax samples right here, limited time only!

Fireal402

Eyeballs! OH MY GOD EYES
I tooled around with the Variax in my studio last night and came up with this. It's your typical 70's acoustic "variax demo". Not a complete song by any means, but it shows off what the variax can do.

SONG IS HERE: Variax01

I've never found something as easy to record as this. This would have taken me at least a day, but with the variax it was 3 hours, from tracking to the final mixdown.

Anyone else got songs recorded with the variax? If my sessions are like this, I can only imagine what people more experienced have done.

Yep, used it today as a matter of fact. Mandola and bass, with a J-45 earlier. Mixes right in and you'd never know live from Variax.

Nice tracks btw......what's the instrumentation and the rest of the food chain?

Lets see... I don't have the session in front of me, but I'm pretty sure I remember what I used. A D28 and the Gibson J200 panned left and right, the D28 12 string, the Coral sitar, and the Les Paul goldtop for an effect near the end. The bass was a Fender Jazz into a Boss ME50B, and the drums were samples.

This is mighty fun, and I can't wait to do band sessions

nice! makes me think that one day it will be worth it to buy one myself....

for now i am doing a lot of unplugged work...

and no amps to use so i stick with my Gretsch acoustic

guitar junkie said:
nice! makes me think that one day it will be worth it to buy one myself....

for now i am doing a lot of unplugged work...

and no amps to use so i stick with my Gretsch acoustic

It's definitely worth it, but since things are moving so fast, there may be something much better in a year or two. I just got it because it was cheap ($470) and I've wanted one for a while. I know other companies will probably jump on the guitar modeling bandwagon, so you may be overloaded with options in a few years :eek:

Back