Its Most Definately Summery!!!

Johnny McTecky

Yes its Summertime!!

OK, this is my version of the Gershwin classic summertime and i assure its definatley different! I would greatly appreciate some structural criticism on the production,performances and arrangement

INFO: I'm 18, at college. I arranged/produced and performed (everything but bass and vocals) on this track, the lead singer is 17 (can u believe it!!) and ANY comments would be a great help. I'm guessing not everyone on here listens to this kind of stuff but if thats you, i'm sure you will love the vocals near the end.

It was produced using my Roland VS1680 (with the effects board) using various mics (Rode NT1, AKG c1000s, SM58's)

The reason behind doing it was cos i'm fed up of hearing it done the same way, so completely reharmonised the piece etc..

IF u go to http://tunesmith.net/mp3/andromeda.php --- scroll down until u get to summertime and just click on it and hopefully it should work

This is a great help - cheers

Pete

You got some chops for being 18! I think you chose the right major if it's music you're studying.

The song sounds great and your playing is excellent. Can you post a higher bitrate version?

As for the arrangement, I like the original better. Don't take that the wrong way though. It's always worth trying. For me it's just a great song as it was originally written. Gershwin is one of those that is difficult to make more interesting than the original imo. Maybe you and that singer could write some original music? You definitely have the talent.

Back