It's been a while...

Woah! *turns down headphones*

Good opening. It immediately jumped out and melted my face.

I really like how the acoustic and the bass mesh. Good tone. Although they may be a little too loud in the mix.

The vocals are a little too quiet.

Overall, good song.

Heh! I just noticed your signature calls your SoundClick geezer stuff and your MySpace metal. That song is definitely using a lot of metal structures and styles, but it's acoustic geezer instrumentation. What do we call it?!?

Thanks for listening VomitHatSteve. I'm actually afraid to ask how you got that name. :)

Thanks for the feedback, I'll take another listen tonight and make any necessary adjustments.

With regards to the genre of the mix of metal riffs and acoustic instrumental...hmmm, good question. Perhaps "Acoustic Metal"? ...or "Blues Metal" ? Must ponder that one...

BTW - I just updated my signature to point to my new metal site. Thanks for pointing that out.

Geezer Metal would suffice as a new Genre'...:D

Hi David..I listened last night but only on an overall song level. My grandkids were here..still are..so no listening on mix level.

I liked your Geezer Metal song!

...since I completed and posted a song. Please take a listen and provide any thoughts on the performance and production.
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8552398
Thanks in advance!
--Dave

Mostly I notice drums that are undersold in the mix. With as hard as that guitar and bass lick rips; it feels undersupported by the drum levels. It needs a throaty, throbbing kick. I'd bump from 60Hz to 100Hz up a smidge, and bring the drum submix level up by at least 10-20% relative to the rest of the mix. This bitch needs to stomp. Vox are a little thin and underneath too; you have nothing to hide at all, let em breathe!

Wicked cool groove. You metal cats find the funnest lines to play... :)

hey-

that was the main thing i noticed too, just an overall bump in volume for the drums. a good foot-stomping song.

Very cool.

Could you fatten up the drums somehow and bring up the vocals just a bit?

Guitars and bass sound great. Vocals are great, just too quiet to my ears. Well done :).

I think the snare could use a.. "I'm down with this rockin" kind of *pop*.

The vox and kick need to come up...I love your voice!

1:20-1:23 it sounds like your confidence wavered in the vocal.

I'm lovin' the low end of it all...in fact, the whole song dances around the bass as master...

Bass riff at 1:47 is great...beginning 2:02 guit solos really begin bringin' down the house. Love the way you wield your accoustic axe.

I can envision this being played live..and the reaction to it..some really rockin' sounds here!

Nice vibe, especially like the break around 2:00. I agree with the suggestions for kick and vocal.

good recording, good song, good job.

Thanks again for listening and providing feedback. I started remixing last night and got to a point where it just fell apart. So, I'll get up on that horse again this weekend to start over and make the changes that were suggested...of which I fully agree.

Back