its been a long time

Alaking

since i've done any recording ...so i did some, and here it is:

(short, fun, spontaneous, lots of improve)

I've been so tied up with school and playing live it was nice to get back to some recording.

cheers,
js.
www.thejohnsmith.ca

I do like radiohead indeed, funny you should say. i really wasnt thinking of them at all while doing this (did it all in an hour and a half or so) but perhaps the glockenspiel is reminiscent of 'no surprises'.

perhaps one of them subconscious influences...

cheers,
js.
www.thejohnsmith.ca

whoa! This sounds like school project shit man. I had an electronic music class and a composition teacher who advocated that style of composition. But I gotta tell ya man...you'll never make a dime. But that aint the point now is it?...So...Let's talk...I feel like a professor here man...this isn't a "song". This is a composition. It's 12 tone in origin and tonal center is ambiguous. Form is almost non existent. The use of electronics and hand claps with that wacky beat...very avante gard man! Your choice of guitar notes was atonal..perfect for this shit. You could score this out for any instrument combination you want. I had no problems with the mix. Like I said man...College!!..been there done that...very nice effort here Alaking...I'd give you a B.

Back