It is FINE if you don't want to listen ... but I'd appreciate it nonetheless

I still remember our conversation about that. Doc and I chat all the time on FB still. :D
Whose conversation? Whatever.

I like listening to your stuff. You've worked on it, and presentation's important to you, and I like to see things improve. But the main takeaway for me at this this point isn't about the mixes (if you work on a mix for ten years, it's going to be better) but about the structure of your songs. I love the way stuff morphs inside a song. It's delightful. There's a part of me that's going 'How does he come up with that?' and another part that's just being carried along with the changes. Really good work.

I just came upon this and did a readers digest quick review...Fer fucks sake RFR for once in his pitiful life is right :laughings: Just kiddin RFR!
Seroiusly damn fine job here..I'll give it a full listen but it already is worthy of the stamp... Trust me I rarely give a "Morey" out...WAY cooler than a stinkin music machine Grammy....Good shit Maynard!

1650744225678.png

Whose conversation? Whatever.

I like listening to your stuff. You've worked on it, and presentation's important to you, and I like to see things improve. But the main takeaway for me at this this point isn't about the mixes (if you work on a mix for ten years, it's going to be better) but about the structure of your songs. I love the way stuff morphs inside a song. It's delightful. There's a part of me that's going 'How does he come up with that?' and another part that's just being carried along with the changes. Really good work.

Paul - you hold my heart. I've NO FUCKING clue how I came up with this shit. I was driven to create it, then I was driven to make it the best I could make it. I suppose there's an element of making an immortal statement in the whole thing - as my youth once thought important, but really ... once I caught the craft of it, that puzzle took precendent.

I merely wanted to make it the best I could.

I'm a little jealous of those who were in right place at right time and got their stuff out to where folks better heard it.

I'm still working on past stuff.

New one done.

I just came upon this and did a readers digest quick review...Fer fucks sake RFR for once in his pitiful life is right :laughings: Just kiddin RFR!
Seroiusly damn fine job here..I'll give it a full listen but it already is worthy of the stamp... Trust me I rarely give a "Morey" out...WAY cooler than a stinkin music machine Grammy....Good shit Maynard!

View attachment 117351
I accept this with the honor endowed.

Thanks so much!

:D

Back