It’s all about mastering…

Sasha_music

What are the main steps to do when it comes to mastering? I know this question may seem to be dumb enough but I really want to know. If everything is perfectly done in a sequencer and sounds pretty good after rendering, so what's about mastering?

Sorry for my English :)

mastering is all about getting t-racks (mastering software) and using the presets!

just a joke but maybe not too bad of an idea

:)

the main steps are:

eq

compression and limiting

special processes such as possible transfer to analog tape or tape simulations

possibly adding reverb

burning a disc

if mastering is done on a number of songs the goal is to get a continuity of volume and sound quality

mastering is often used to maximize apparent volume for radio play and to sound louder on cheap cd players

experienced mastering engineers can correct flaws that we are completely unaware of... they can make your mix sound MUCH better to more people.

its called "sweetening" because its like sugar for the ears!

jeap said:
the main steps are:

eq

compression and limiting

special processes such as possible transfer to analog tape or tape simulations

possibly adding reverb

burning a disc

if mastering is done on a number of songs the goal is to get a continuity of volume and sound quality

mastering is often used to maximize apparent volume for radio play and to sound louder on cheap cd players

experienced mastering engineers can correct flaws that we are completely unaware of... they can make your mix sound MUCH better to more people.

its called "sweetening" because its like sugar for the ears!

This is off topic and applies to your sig. Just because a piece of music is done in a sequencer, could it still not be done wrong/shitty? Wouldn't programming the sequencer be considered part of the performance? Hence, performance still needs to be tight before you can concentrate on getting a good mix. Ahhhhhh, maybe not. Who cares anyway

Back