Issues with Lexicon Omega and Cakewalk Sonar 8

nebeaura

Hello. My Lexicon Omega Desktop Recording Studio external audio card is having a hard time getting along with Cakewalk Sonar 8 Producer Edition. I'll just throw screenshots.

When I set ASIO driver mode I can record, but not get playback from my speakers.

o735mh.jpg

2u41qpd.jpg

k0hk7l.jpg

When I set MME (32-bit) I get playback from speakers, but can't record.

e6qb8n.jpg

24mck1l.jpg

2w2izrq.jpg

runuxl.jpg

WDM/KS doesn't let me set 24 bit. Nothing there at all.

5etuac.jpg

2z8dc13.jpg

25qg6tu.jpg

The issue is quite clear I think. I'd like to record with Lexicon Omega and have speakers as my playback.

Thank you.

A funny thing happened today while I was trying to record something on ASIO driver mode. I could record something, but then had to reconnect Lexicon Omega, restart Sonar to make it work again. Well, still it worked for a while. Later I began receiving this error whenever I hit "record".

drff2a.jpg

Last edited:
Also, my Lexicon Omega likes to disconnect itself a lot... That's why I have to reconnect it all the time. And even then it's like 50/50 if it will work...

Any solutions at all?

Sounds like driver issues to me ...................... try and download the latest drivers for your interface. Also why haven't you upgraded to Sonar 8.5.3?

Actually, it doesn't disconnect anymore. Maybe because I changed to a better adapter. Everything seems ok with the pc. But now Lexicon Omega can't recognize any inputs... I put my guitar in, but it doesn't show any levels, like nothing's there. Though, the cables and everything are alright. Could this be that I messed up something with pulling out and in the previous adapter?

Set Options/Audio
ASIO
44100 Sampling Rate
Lexicon Playback Master and Lexicon Recording Master
Download and install the current drivers from Lexicon's website
Reboot Sonar so it recognizes the chnages
I've tried and I can't get the Lexicon IN and Soundcard OUT combination
So I just drag my Lexicon around the house and hook it up to my laptop when I wanna mix upstairs
If you want speakers, buy some cheap powered monitors and connect to the output of the Lexicon
Set the adapter back to the way you had it before - something screwed up when you changed it.

Good luck! Nothing worse than software problems when you're trying to record...that's why I use a tape deck for scratch tracks.

Set Options/Audio
ASIO
44100 Sampling Rate
Lexicon Playback Master and Lexicon Recording Master
Download and install the current drivers from Lexicon's website
Reboot Sonar so it recognizes the chnages
I've tried and I can't get the Lexicon IN and Soundcard OUT combination
So I just drag my Lexicon around the house and hook it up to my laptop when I wanna mix upstairs
If you want speakers, buy some cheap powered monitors and connect to the output of the Lexicon
Set the adapter back to the way you had it before - something screwed up when you changed it.

Good luck! Nothing worse than software problems when you're trying to record...that's why I use a tape deck for scratch tracks.

Thanks, the settings work. I'm getting output from my amp, so that's alright. It's just that it still likes to randomly disconnect when I'm using it in Sonar...

Thanks, the settings work. I'm getting output from my amp, so that's alright. It's just that it still likes to randomly disconnect when I'm using it in Sonar...

There is a manufacturing defect with the Omega. If you open it up, you'll see that a ribbon connector from the front panel to the main board passes across an output transistor which gets quite hot. This in turn can heat up the cable causing it to either distort the socket where it connects, or the insulation will let go on the ribbon itself causing an intermittent short. The fix is very easy (move the connector and apply some shielding around it) and it may have been addressed by Lexicon by now.

Back