iSK Microphones

billysoundalive

Has anyone had any experience +/- with iSK mics? I read some old 3yr old threads but no conclusions were made based on actual use (except by a somewhat biased distributor). They may indeed be great mics but an unbiased view would be much appreciated. I am interested in the iSK DM-55R 'retro' mic for live performance as it looks the business and price looks right (£70) - but does it perform as well as it looks??

Thanks kidvybes - more info that I could have ever hoped for there. I've now developed an interest in the MC-200 based on that thread but can't find a seller here (Ireland). There is a UK distributor of iSK and RoXdon at micsdirect.net. Any words of wisdom on a good buy for a studio mic?

Thanks... this is not listed any longer at the link you gave. Can't seem to find anyone in Europe who distributes these... any other thoughts?

Yes, as moresound said, these are offered up somewhat regularly on eBay...Peter at Stellar does ship overseas, no problem (with quite a few very satisfied buyers across the pond)...the last batch actually sold out last night...more will be listed shortly...search "Stellar CM-6" on GS for much more available info...at that price, the mic is an outright steal...compares to mics costing 3-4 times the price...

Hey kidvybes and moresound... thanks for the wisdom. There is now a CM-6 for sale on eBay now. $375 (plus $75 shipping). Might I ask - would one invest in a mic like this for a home studio setup (e.g., GarageBand or Logic Pro in a bedroom) or is this the kind of kit you'd only see the intended benefit from in a pro studio? I'm currently using a Rode NT1-A and am happy but am always trying to tweak out a bit more. You know what I mean?

...the CM-6 is an asset regardless of where you track...just a really well-balanced tool, with wonderful clarity and detail...a big step up from your NT1-A IMHO...I give it my highest recommendation at this pricepoint...follow the current threads on GS to hear more opinions and sample soundfiles...

...bro, I'm surprised you never tried a CM-6, especially since you are a confirmed member of the "Gear Lust" crew...wish you were close enough to audition mine...:cool:

Had to get a few other things out of the way first but soon real soon Kid. ;)

Back