Is this the ultimate low-low-end recording solution?

cominginsecond said:
Yup, you're probably right. I just don't think, for the reasons I listed above, that a Cubasis/US-122 setup is in the same class of product as the MBox.

Well, I have used the MBox, and I certainly would not put it in the class of the Digi 001 as far as pre's and converters.

That is why I don't hesitate to put it in the same class. But to each his own.

Polaris20 said:
Well, I have used the MBox, and I certainly would not put it in the class of the Digi 001 as far as pre's and converters.

That is why I don't hesitate to put it in the same class. But to each his own.
So, you're saying that the pres in the Digi 001 beat the Focusrite pres in the MBox? Could you post some files comparing the two, because these seems very unlikely.

cominginsecond said:
So, you're saying that the pres in the Digi 001 beat the Focusrite pres in the MBox? Could you post some files comparing the two, because these seems very unlikely.

[sarcasm]Yes, let me borrow the MBox again from my friend, and then go over to my other friend's house and record the same track on his 001. [/sarcasm]

If you don't believe me, then fine. I am just stating what I hear, recording the same guitar with the same mic through both systems.

Geez, this isn't that big a deal.

Intersting even a year later. Anyone want to Update me on these products? I'm close to doing the 122 and N-track for my bottom dweller needs.

Back