is this sick?

The recording sounds well recorded and mixed. I don't usually listen to this type of music, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but it sounds good to me.

Does the drummer play like a marching snare, or did you use something to trigger snare samples? There's a snare roll/fill in War and Conflict, about 2 min into the song that is impressively clear and well annunciated for a regular tension drum head.

well, i guess i should have been more proper, but i usually refer to heavier types of music in this manner because it tends to get the point across better. "sick" in this context meaning the recording brings across the full dynamic of heaviness that the music implies. if the shit is as heavy sounding as the music actually is, then it's "sick". sorry for the confusion.

yes, the snare is triggered, as is the kick drum. the snare is actually a blend of a full-on replacement track, and the actual snare performance (however just enough of the original snare to keep some of the natural attack).

anyone else?

Back