Is this old guitar worth anything?

sondriven

A guy at my workplace moved into a house and it had a bunch of junk in the attic. He told me about a guitar up there and I told him to bring it in. Well, its an old smaller sized Harmony acoustic in decent shape. Looks like a kids sized learning guitar. Judging by the paperwork inside and the guitar I would say its from the 60's or early 70's, I have no idea. I have the serial number at work, is there a way to find out if this is worth anything?

Thanks

j

Hat e to break it to you:( but harmony guitars where mainly sold through non-music outlets like J.C. Pennys or Wards. I would take it for free but thats about it.

F.S.

Not so fast...

Harmony guitars were economy grade instruments, by and large. BUT... There are a few out there, such as the old Sovereigns, that are the real deal.

If this is from the sixties, there is a good chance that the thing is made out of solid woods. By that I mean a solid sitka spruce top and solid honduras mahogany backs and sides. Honduras mahogany was about as expensive as paper in the sixties; not so any more.

I'd get it for the interest value, but then I'd look at it closely. You might have a nice unpretentious little axe there.

I like the clock idea! Its not hurtin my feelings, I get to tell the guy at work here to use it as fire wood!

Peace out

Hi, Ive been doing some more digging and its the S-69 model, which I think means it was made in the summer of 69.

Serial is 634H150

The guitar looks very similar to that one in the link. This one doesnt have the logo picture thing on the headstock, it just says Harmony on it. And the bridge is all wood with a steel part.

I told my friend to throw it on ebay. Someone might want it for sentimental value. You never know....

j

Back