Is this microphone good enough for recording male vocals?

It's not unusual for amps, preamps, etc to be flat +/- .5dB or less and to have extended response. My Bryston amp specs to 0.5dB up to 100kHz. I'm sure that the dogs appreciate that, but I can't hear it.

Microphones and speakers are another matter. Transducers are much more difficult to make with those types of specs.

I would also caution people who get hung up on specs .
The manual specs are what you are supposed to trust. Not the salesman's pitch.

Rich, that is unfortunate. Gear manual specs should have some sort of regulation.

ADA had rack effects pre-DSP that were rated there too. Bucket brigade chorus/flang/slowed to reverb.

Making an amplifier with a flat response to RF frequencies is far less difficult than making a mic though? Class D amps seem to have no issues at all going very high. .5dB as a maximum deviation from flat is pretty decent.

My Bryston amp specs to 0.5dB up to 100kHz. I'm sure that the dogs appreciate that,
That IS awesome. 100k that has to be classified as a weapon? Blast your audience with the microwave range.

Man, now I want an amp that goes -30,000 to +30,000hz. Suck the vibes right out of the audience with negative frequencies. It could be how people make zombies ..who knows.

You have to go a fair bit higher to start to be able to cook people - 100KHz is long wave radio, 10000 times this gets you up to 1GHz where many people start to con sider them microwaves and they can have a heating effect. If you want to impact people, far more comes from bombarding them with very low frequencies. Below 20Hz can be unpleasant, but it seems that the commonly held beliefs that frequencies at high power can make you poo yourself are unfounded. Myth Busters proved with mega amounts of SPL the anticipated effect did not happen. Damn!

Yeah it's look like gaming or webcam mic, if you record your vocals then you need a software to remove distortion and other unwanted thing from recorded sound.

Audio gear that goes to 30 kHz seems to me like a car that goes to 180 mph. What is the benefit? Does it add to the cost? The ADC is just going to roll it off at about 20 kHz anyway.

Back