Is This A Scam??????

Hasn't sold anything in over 6 months... Looks like he sold a lot of boots...

10 mixers and "contact me through THIS e-mail?"

I'd call it fishy at least...

We're thinking along the same lines then. Well, you know, if it's too good to be true, it probably is.

That's one thing I hate about ebay. People sell junk for $1-$5 a pop rack up a few thousand transactions while keeping a good reputation and they're called a "Power Seller" Then all of a sudden they put a piece of gear out there for 10K and you're tricked into thinking you can trust them. Well, almost tricked in this case.

Then it must've been a scam. Glad I didn't fall for it. But boy if it were real, I'd be explaining to the Mrs. how our credit card has a $700 charge on it.

probably from the back of a truck

where you can faintly see through the sloppy white paint, the words 'Guitar Center'.

actually I picked up a soundcraft mixer from ebay with a flightcase for less than $1000. I even got extra knobs and faders with it. I guess it just depends ... or maybe I got lucky!

Chances are this was what they call a Hijacked user. Scammers will get username and password and start selling under someone elses dormant account. Things to watch for:

-Item location is different than the member since -blah blah- in United States under the seller information.

-The seller doesn't want to be contacted through the ask seller a question, ALLWAYS use ask seller a question through ebay, and do NOT reply to someones e-mail through your own e-mail. ALLWAYS use ebay's mail for communication.

-The seller is selling stuff that they normally don't sell.

If you have any doubt, go into ebay communitee discussions and ask in there. These people know their stuff and reply quickly.

I hate to see anyone HR users get scammed.

Massive Master said:
Tell him you want three of them and you can pick them up tomorrow morning and see what he says...

That's actually an excellent idea...Sometime ago, I was bidding on a guitar...another of the seller's previous customers emailed me and asked me to call him before I closed on the deal. So, I did...he told me horror stories of a sale deal he went through.

I turned around and told the seller that I was in the area and asked if I could save a few buck on the shipping by picking it up...the answer was no...I asked if he would be willing to meet some where nearby to make the exchange...he said no. I asked if he would like to comment on the previously mentioned sale gone bad...he hung up on me...the next day, the guitar was no longer on the auction block.

Back