Is this a hit??? "always clinging"

"hit" is a subjective word. I think the song is a good one, and a reasonably good mix...but... doesn't have the word "hit" associated to it. Seems mainstream commercial, and maybe that is more of what you might be thinking. Some of the better stuff I have heard recently around here though.
Good Job!

If I had one negative comment, would be in the "straight-line" of the production/arrangement/mix. Kinda one level from beginning to end. Would potentially be nice to have the song build, rise, release..etc.

Tnx,
Point taken, and yes commersial was more in the line of what i was thinking. And a better singer should sing it if i try and sell it.

I dunno about "hit" but it's a rockin tune.
Right off, everything tight and intentional sounding.

Very good vocal approach on this, very much pulling the song on.

Almost like a retro 80s thing with the synths.
Are those loops on the drums? almost a Phil Collins type of vocal, very up my alley.

Yeah, smooth break......

Ok, one nit, the highest voice @ 2:36 I can hear the strain from the voice at the breaths in a few spots. For this style of music I would cut those tighter to the vocal and turn that voice down a tiny bit.

Just me and my opinion.

I still am amazed at how the internet can link people up on different sides of the "pond" with music, feedback/responses... etc. You must be up LATE!!

Wow, i hope you know that what you say counts Jake. For me anyway.
The drums are programmed in battery (i refuse loops)

tnx

/emser

Oh yea, if you read this Jake. The voice @ 2:36 is processed to the extreme and i sang out of tune on purpose and to make an autotune go crazy with it but i guess it didnt work.

/emser

is it a hit?

it sounds like something that i'd' hear on "the ocean", which is the adult contemporary station around here. that's a compliment. :D

emser said:
Oh yea, if you read this Jake. The voice @ 2:36 is processed to the extreme and i sang out of tune on purpose and to make an autotune go crazy with it but i guess it didnt work.

/emser
It actually sounds great but I'd pull it back a bit in the mix and cut the gasping breath out.

Back