Is There Anybody Out There- New Wave song

pronoise

I'm still working on it, but the tracking is done, I need to do some editing.
I wonder, what you think about it.

Sounded OK. The vocal is a bit loud in the verses to my ear. It's sitting at a good level in the chorus. I also think a double tracked lead vocal would sound better than a single tracked vocal.

The guitar in the verses is pretty quiet.

Sounded OK. The vocal is a bit loud in the verses to my ear. It's sitting at a good level in the chorus. I also think a double tracked lead vocal would sound better than a single tracked vocal.

The guitar in the verses is pretty quiet.

All very good suggestions :)
I always have hard time to judge the level of my own voice in a mix :)

Experiment with different reverbs, rooms, chambers, halls, etc. I think the snare and vocal needs more atmosphere. Doesn't new wave do that? Go listen to some bands you want to sound like and zero in on the reverb of the snare and vocal. Good song and arrangement. That's my two cents I can imagine the snare on "west end girls" and i think it has a good bit of reverb on it. It trails off quite a bit and fills up space. Now i have to go find some new wave to listen to:) good luck

Experiment with different reverbs, rooms, chambers, halls, etc. I think the snare and vocal needs more atmosphere. Doesn't new wave do that? Go listen to some bands you want to sound like and zero in on the reverb of the snare and vocal. Good song and arrangement. That's my two cents I can imagine the snare on "west end girls" and i think it has a good bit of reverb on it. It trails off quite a bit and fills up space. Now i have to go find some new wave to listen to:) good luck ... edit: well, i just checked out "west end girls". weird. On some of the snare hits, it seems they added a clap. Some snare hits seem lower in pitch, and some seem high.

^^^ Definitely good advice on proper reverb use.

You could try some chorus on your vocals. Usually I keep the original track, duplicate it and apply hefty chorus to the second track, then mix them to the desired effect. Gives you max control.

Thank you guys, I am remixing the song according to your suggestions. It really started to sound much better, much appreciated :)

Back