Is SB Live! Value ASIO compatiable?

xiaoken

I am thinking of using Reason (w/ Cubase). But I heard it requires a soundcard with ASIO.

If SB Live! Value is not usable with Reason, what soundcard would you reccomend I get?

Sounds like a good question to ask the folks at Creative.

Reason works with SB Live but before you choose that card you may want to look at cards that allow you to 'Record' in 24 bit.

I recall reading somewhere that the SB Live was actually light years better with ASIO than with WDM. You might want to verify that as I don't have any first hand experience using it with ASIO. My only first hand experience with the SB Live is with WDM (Sonar) and I can tell you IT SUCKS in that application.

It seem to work properly in Reason. However, it lags badly. I press a key and the sound comes like almost half a second later.

Also, when I try to run it with cubase, it says midi port is in use.

xiaoken said:
It seem to work properly in Reason. However, it lags badly. I press a key and the sound comes like almost half a second later.

Also, when I try to run it with cubase, it says midi port is in use.
Sounds like latency. I'm not familiar with Reason, but is there a way to lower the latency setting? If so, you might try that.

With WDM drivers, the lowest (theoretical) latency you can get with an SB Live is 10 ms. However, I've never been able to get my system (Sonar) to actually run at that latency.

Back