Is N-track Studio an effecient and yet affordable way to do studio quality editing?

Chammy

Is N-track Studio an effecient and yet affordable way to do studio quality editing?Heh,....I have Acid Pro 3 but I want to switch to a more studio type and I've heard alot of raves about how flexible N-track is.Can anyone offer advice?

I'd keep your ACID pro, but yeah, if you want to do audio, off pc/mac recording, it's the bomb!!!

Just be aware of the occasional crash...and the MIDI part of it isn't all that hot...

Well with my Acid Pro 3,I bought it off of Ebay and made the mistake of not asking the seller if was a copy or original.Well ,turns out to be a copy and she didint tell me until I won the auction,bitch.So now I changed out the hard drive cause my other one crashed and now I need that serial number for it but the bitch won't give it to me cause I reported her to Ebay about waht she did.So I'm stuck with an Acid Pro 3 that I cant run in normal mode,just in demo mode.Bitch.

N-Track for EDITING is way less than ideal.....as a budget multi-tracker its the bomb, but most people i know are using outside editors in conjunction with it (at least Goldwave, but also SoundForge,WaveLab,etc).......

Chammy,

I say "yes", but you can find out yourself.

If you download N-Track from the ntrack.com website, it is a fully-working demo. Until you pay for the registration codes, it will do everything except the final mixdown-to-a-stereo-wav-file.

Download it, try it and see if it does the job for you.... no cost (except time) involved.

Gidge, why is it that N-track is considered less than ideal for editing? I've really never worked with another program, but since you can zoom in to the millisecond I've always been able to do whatevery I wanted.

Ditch your ACID pro, then. :p

N-Track doesn't do ACID loops, btw, but it pretty much does everything else. Like I said, it's stronger in audio, than in MIDI...

Back