Is my doof doofy enough? :)

Dexium

Hey peeps. I just discovered this board a few days ago and I'm really enjoying exploring it and learning about home recording.

I've been writing trance music for a couple of years, on and off - and I've got to the stage where I'm starting to appreciate the difference between a good mix and a crappy one.

My music is created with cubase, reaktor and reason. I pre-master my tracks with izotope ozone. It's a fully "in-computer" affair, I havn't yet invested in any hardware.

You can find my tracks in two locations. The first one (http://www.members.optushome.com.au/leoniemcnaught) has 192k mp3's, and is a hassle free download. I've gone over the allowed upload amount tho, so they get wiped every so often ;)

The second one (http://www.mp3.com.au/dexium) has a few of my more complete tracks, in 128k mp3s. Being an mp3.com account, theres advertizing and whatnot to deal with....

My style is generally somewhere between psytrance/goa and power trance. Please tell me what you think of my mix. I'm prone to increasing the loudness quite a bit, i'd be interested to see if anyone thinks I go a bit over the top :)

My two favorite tracks are called "Alleged composition" & "how do you spell that?".

If anyone here writes in a similar style, give me a link to your stuff, I'm always looking for new stuff to enjoy.

Thanks.

peace, love, unity, respect. - Dexium.

no-takers? oh well... maybe if I asked for a review of one of my tracks in particular, it wuold make things easier.

I was wanting to know if anyone thought my mix was too muddy, or unbalanced. I'm quite sure my "monitors" color the sound a fair bit, and I havn't had a chance to listen to it on a decent system.

tnx for your time. - Dexium.

cool stuff....your mix "leans" to the left...bass and rhythm wise. And at times, it comes back to the center ok...but the pulsating stuff is not centered which would sound better if it was. The EQ is in the ballpark, as with synth sounds, you probably don't need to make too many adjustments.

review a couple more of other peeps...and I think you'll get responses in return...

I like electronica...so if you post more, I'll try to catch 'em. This is especially interesting being all software too.. You did a good job.

Back