Is multiple soundcards an option

PFS

I record using AA1.5. I know that I need to get a multiport sound card. But money is an issue at the moment. I have had good luck with a simple sound blaster card for input, but only 1 input. Is it possible to put multiple sound cards in the PC and set it for different inputs? Im not shure how to configure the PC for this. Thanks

PFS said:
I record using AA1.5. I know that I need to get a multiport sound card. But money is an issue at the moment. I have had good luck with a simple sound blaster card for input, but only 1 input. Is it possible to put multiple sound cards in the PC and set it for different inputs? Im not shure how to configure the PC for this. Thanks

Not simultaneously, no. SoundBlaster cards do not have the ability to sync to an external clock, and thus the two cards' clocks would not stay together. If it were possible to record simultaneously from more than one card, the timing on the track from one card would drift relative to the timing on tracks from the other card.

In order to use multiple audio interfaces simultaneously, they would both need to be audio interface that are actually designed for recording. The SoundBlaster cards are pretty much gaming cards, with all the problems inherent to such designs.

Thanks for your help. What "multi port" setup would you recamend? I record Guitar (both electric and mic'd acustic), Mic'd percussion, keyboard, vocals, and I'm just getting into some MIDI.

studiomaster said:
Yes u can. in ur audio software, just choose the desired input and output of the specific soundcard u wanna use.
Would I be able to sync an M Audio Delta 66 Omni with an M Audio 1010?

Back