Is it worth it?

harley96

As of right now,I'm only using sound forge xp5.0 to do basic editing.If I upgrade to the full version what are the main benefits compared to xp5.0.Basically, Is it worth the extra money?

Sonic Foundry needs to put me on their payroll....

That should give you some inkling of what I'm about to say.

Basically, you'll find a new set of tools and parameters with the full version. Better support for Direct X plug-ins, integration with Acid - plenty of bells and whistles like my new best friend, THE BATCH CONVERTER!

That's not to say *you need it* but if you'll appreciate that kind of editing power, it is by far worth every penny.

I've been using Sound Forge professionally for about 7 years. I still have yet to learn every possible function but its a desert island title for me - in otherwords, I wouldn't want to be without it.

If you qualify for student discounts, check this place out: http://www.journeyed.com

Sound Forge 5.0 $159.95
Acid Pro 3.0 $159.95
Vegas Video 3.0 $159.95

These are full versions - no restrictions.

I don't work there but I shop there a lot....

Z

That's funny!!

Zombie King,as a matter of fact I'm attending recording institute of detroit and never thought about student discount.I read there requirements and this is considered a career school licensed by the state of michigan.So,thanks for the link.:D

I bought 5.0!!

This has been a good day, I went to best buy with my wife looking for a graphing calculator for her math class and I decided to look at sound forge 5.0 and to my suprise three boxes one at
$149.99,$199.99,and $299.99 obviously mismarked so I jumped on it.I remember when they were advertising it for $149.99 then next time I looked it was up to $199.99.I took it up to the checkout and it scanned at $199.99 and of course I was was like NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.I walked out of there with my new program for $149.99 cheaper than journey ed may I add.Gotta love it........:D

I just love it when stuff like that happens! Be sure to grab the updates from SF's web site - and if it's not on the CD... Grab BATCH CONVERTER (its my new best friend.)

oh wait... did you get the Calculator? That's gonna pay some dividends too right? (wink, wink, nudge nudge, say no more.)

Z

Back