Is it true?

Derek Verner

I have begun to believe the rumors that the Tascambbs was shut down because most of us were upset that they had gone wrong by abandoning analog for digital. You cannot expect a company to support a forum that constantly puts down the path that the CEO's have decided is the best way to go.

I highly doubt that. I don't think the big dogs even read a word of the forums...they just keep it up as a service. It's more likely that they are just doing maintenance like they say here.

Quoted from Derek Verner;
Is it true?

No.

I heard a rumour that they site is down because they wanted to repair it and in the process of doing so, they lost all the previous posts and member information during a power outage which damaged several hard drives running on a Windows2000 server system.

The drives are currently at McAppleby Data Recovery Labs in Houston, where they are trying to recover the lost posts and re-integrate this data into a new forums software system that will be run on Unix/Apache software so as to avoid future occurrences.

This, however is a rumour only and as such, carries the approximate value and worth of your rumour.

Cheers! :)

Nah, that's bullshit. I don't believe that for a second.

They're just being dumbasses! [ZEKE?]

Anyway, the bulk of posts in the analog and Portastudio forums were down on Tascam for dumping analog, and what do you expect? Also, the other forums had their problems, too. There were lots of users that would complain about useability issues of Tasam's newest frontline products, gripe about updates, lack of updates, issues, etc. Worse, the tone would often get hostile, and the Tascam reps who frequented the bbs would get defensive, and basically tell some users that they suck for expecting so much from a company or device. That's not all the warm-fuzzies, under the covers, like you think. There was a lot of anti-Tascam contention going on those boards. I saw it, and made a few choice comments there, myself. I doubt if anyone important at Tascam ever read it, but if they did, they would be embarrassed, indeed.

That's MO on the subject. I don't believe the down-system story, and I don't think it was against any individual, but fwiw, there was a lot of anti-Tascam sentiment on those boards. Why? Because in certain respects, Tascam's lost it. But that's just a personal opinion, of myself and others. It depends on who you ask, and how the question's framed.;)

I like Ghost's version. It has all the detailed information of a good urban legend.

I'll bet their parts department will lose business without all the advice given on the forums to go there for manuals and parts.

As posted by A Reel Person;
Nah, that's bullshit. I don't believe that for a second.

Right on!

I was just practising being press secretary for the White House!:D

At this point, I actually don't give a rat's ass if they never come back at all.

We gave them our time, our brains, our experience, our plugs and they gave us......................................................?

squat

IMO, there's always room for a chic bassist!

Yeah, Tascambbs is suckin' the big one!

Oh, pardon the expression!

It's like -sudden withdrawal- syndrome, eh betty?

Ha.

Thanks Reel!!!!

Yeah-- I should say that I am not offended easily--- Dont worry about me---

Yep --- had the shakes and everything!! It really sucks the big one!

Damn my beer is gettin warm--- I gotta go

Welcome to Betty Rumble!

I remember you from the 788 forum!

You have a great alternative band and very cool web-site over at sound-click.

Where is Sound-Propeller??

You'll love the mp3 clinic here! A fun place to post your stuff and get useful mixing and arrangement advice from the family.

You might remember me as "thefontmeister" from over there. Here, they just call me Ghost or FM.

Welcome aboard!

Hey Front-- er Ghost! It is great to know someone here! Thank you we are an aquired taste(lol)! Sound keeps in touch with me via email. Db posted on my message board-- to check it out here! I suspect it wont be long before they follow in my footsteps-- I feel like a kid in a candy store here--- new ground - new friends and I cant wait to check it all out!

Back