Is it true that EZ drummer 2 is 1000 times better than Roland drum machines?

Depends what you're doing with it. If you want straight old school 808 beats, you won't get that from EZD. They have an Electronic kit which might get you close for some things, but most of those sounds are processed or "circuit bent" and special effecty. I wouldn't work for my Big Black cover band, either.

Depends what you're doing with it. If you want straight old school 808 beats, you won't get that from EZD. They have an Electronic kit which might get you close for some things, but most of those sounds are processed or "circuit bent" and special effecty. I wouldn't work for my Big Black cover band, either.
So it's 1000 times better in the same way that a theramin is 1000 better than a violin.

So it's 1000 times better in the same way that a theramin is 1000 better than a violin.
No, it's better than that. A theremin is an actual instrument that you have to physically play, and if you want to make actual music it takes real dedication and practice. Plus you'd have to actually learn or write some piece to play. EZDrummer will do all of that for you. You can play it, and/or write for it, but you don't have to.

Edit - err...maybe I got that backwards. You'd have to play the violin too, and you'd have to program the drum machines, so EZDrummer is still better. :)

My original point was that there really is no comparison if you're looking for natural sounding drums, but not everybody always wants and needs that.

Ah see, I was trying to say that EZD is better than an 808 in the same way that a theramin is better than a violin: they're different instruments. They have different applications and different strengths. Which one is "better" entirely depends on what you're trying to do with it.

The problem is probably that I forgot the :D

No, it's better than that. A theremin is an actual instrument that you have to physically play, and if you want to make actual music it takes real dedication and practice. Plus you'd have to actually learn or write some piece to play. EZDrummer will do all of that for you. You can play it, and/or write for it, but you don't have to.

Edit - err...maybe I got that backwards. You'd have to play the violin too, and you'd have to program the drum machines, so EZDrummer is still better. :)

My original point was that there really is no comparison if you're looking for natural sounding drums, but not everybody always wants and needs that.

:laughings: !! thanks for making that clear :)

i would say its a 1000 times better than EZdrummer 1 and 3000 times better than a wet cat saying hello

Back