Is it possible to play guitar too much?

No man. It's not their only acoustic song. It's just the worst one. :D

Here's a good one!

(Although they did do a more electrified version also)

Oh yeah I love Rock N Roll High school! Thanks for reminding me of that one because now I can learn it real quick LOL :D

Oh yeah I love Rock N Roll High school! Thanks for reminding me of that one because now I can learn it real quick LOL :D

Check out this one too. It starts out acoustic anyway....

This one is my personal favorite of the Ramones "soft" songs

Yeah that's a cool one too. Here's a live performance I found looking up Ramones acoustic songs lol

Yeah thank God Joey was not in charge of that band. :laughings:

I don't know man I can't really say they have a song that I don't like. They are all pretty basic, but just good simple song writing. I think if anyone did some bad music it was Dee Dee, but he is a funky man :D

I don't know man I can't really say they have a song that I don't like. They are all pretty basic, but just good simple song writing. I think if anyone did some bad music it was Dee Dee, but he is a funky man :D

Dee Dee wrote their best stuff. But "Funky Man" notwithstanding, his "rap" album "Standing in the Spotlight" is actually a pretty fun listen. Most of it is not rap at all and the stuff that is rap is so funny that you can't help but like it.

Dee Dee wrote their best stuff. But "Funky Man" notwithstanding, his "rap" album "Standing in the Spotlight" is actually a pretty fun listen. Most of it is not rap at all and the stuff that is rap is so funny that you can't help but like it.

Shit like that should of never been recorded hahahah

Shit like that should of never been recorded hahahah

Dee Dee really though he would be a rap star. At the time rap was still pretty new and fresh and he identified with it being a poor kid and all that. He just wasn't black enough........and he was Dee Dee Ramone. Dude was a punk rock legend from day one. There's just no way that could have worked. Lol.

Dee Dee really though he would be a rap star. At the time rap was still pretty new and fresh and he identified with it being a poor kid and all that. He just wasn't black enough........and he was Dee Dee Ramone. Dude was a legend from day one. There's just no way that could have worked. Lol.

He should of hooked up with the beastie boys yo lol

If you don't know what to play, you could take a break. Nothing is going to happen if you don't play guitar for a day or two. Guitar is not commitment, it's enjoyment.

If you don't know what to play, you could take a break. Nothing is going to happen if you don't play guitar for a day or two. Guitar is not commitment, it's enjoyment.

That's the problem is I like playing too much to stop playing lol. But I'm having fun learning this blue grass stuff it's kinda hard :P

So, when you've played your guitar so much that you run out of stuff to play and can't think of anything to play, what do you do? I normally go to finger-style blues or classical, but I'm getting bored with that too!

I switch over to noodling around on Moog Voyager/Taurus3 bass or soft synths. I'm the worst keyboard player in creation but I make up for it with lots of volume. :D

I spend a pretty fair amount of time jamming bass and lead patches along to live music off archive.org or sugarmegs.

I switch over to noodling around on Moog Voyager/Taurus3 bass or soft synths. I'm the worst keyboard player in creation but I make up for it with lots of volume. :D

I spend a pretty fair amount of time jamming bass and lead patches along to live music off archive.org or sugarmegs.

I normally just play video games when I get really bored and have nothing to do, but I'm to the point where it feels like I better go ahead and just play my guitar every chance I get. I think I played 6 to 8 hours yesterday. You never know when you wont have time and really want the time. So, I guess it's good to just go over all your stuff and then try to learn some new stuff if you get too bored. I gotta say I'm not really a big fan of Blue Grass music. I don't really know very many of the well known pickers other than the most well known. I don't even know most of their works, just that they are famous for it lol. That said it's pretty damn fun shit to play. Challenging, complicated and upbeat. Makes you get into it :D

I play several instruments - so I try to spread my time accordingly. I spend a lot of time on acoustic finger picking (including working banjo riffs into my guitar riffs). I also try to commit a few hours each week to lap steel and/or pedal steel. If my hands start to feel a little fatigued I then switch over to work on my keyboard chops or drum/percussion chops. I rarely work on my electric guitar/flat pickin' chops unless I need an elcetric guitar part while recording.

I'm trying to make time to work on my violin chops, banjo chops and harmonica chops - and I recently bought a mandolin - so now I need time to start working on that. Then there are the song writing, composing, arranging and engineering chops that always need work.

Eventually, I'm hoping I get good enough at something so I can find time to sleep and eat.

I play several instruments - so I try to spread my time accordingly. I spend a lot of time on acoustic finger picking (including working banjo riffs into my guitar riffs). I also try to commit a few hours each week to lap steel and/or pedal steel. If my hands start to feel a little fatigued I then switch over to work on my keyboard chops or drum/percussion chops. I rarely work on my electric guitar/flat pickin' chops unless I need an elcetric guitar part while recording.

I'm trying to make time to work on my violin chops, banjo chops and harmonica chops - and I recently bought a mandolin - so now I need time to start working on that. Then there are the song writing, composing, arranging and engineering chops that always need work.

Eventually, I'm hoping I get good enough at something so I can find time to sleep and eat.

I had a similar problem as well. Too many hobbies and not enough time. I use to have so many things that I would do. I came to the conclusion that I had to stop doing most of them and figure out what I enjoyed doing the most and work the others out of my life. There is a saying and I'll probably get it wrong, but it goes something like you can be really good at a lot of things or the master of a few things. I use to do paintings/art a lot and a ton of other hobby type stuff. I quit all that stuff and mostly focus on stringed instruments. Guitar, bass etc. Majority of my time goes to playing guitar and singing now because I don't really have as much fun doing anything else.

There is a saying and I'll probably get it wrong, but it goes something like you can be really good at a lot of things or the master of a few things.

"Jack of All Trades, Master of None."

There are alternate views; a Sage would say,

"Master One Thing, Master All."

I don't get to play with my guitar as much as I would like,
so I'm sure I'm no help with your quandry.

Getting closer to doing some recording though! :thumbs up:

"Jack of All Trades, Master of None."

There are alternate views; a Sage would say,

"Master One Thing, Master All."

I don't get to play with my guitar as much as I would like,
so I'm sure I'm no help with your quandry.

Getting closer to doing some recording though! :thumbs up:

I always tell people to take what ever time you can get to play. Even if you're on the toilet going #2 you get 10 to 30 minutes of extra jam time! lol

Back