is it possible to burn audio and a website on a cd?

jonjon123

Hi,

Here's another newbie question. If I had 10 tracks to burn on a cd, can i also include a subfolder that contains data? I would like to perhaps include the band's website, images, photos etc on the same cd. So when played on a cd player, you get 10 audio tracks, but if inserted into a pc, you also get the option of viewing the website without an internet connection.

any advice would be much appreciated.

I have one CD in my (modest) collection which is done that way (Rush - "Different Stages"), but I don't think you're able to reproduce that using a regular burner... However, you can let track 1 be a data track and have the songs go on from track 2 onward - this is very easy to accomplish with any decent burning software (e.g. Nero).

Easy CD Creator 5 has something like CD Extra or something where you can put audio tracks on a CD as well as a data folder. Most other programs probably do this too. The problem with putting the data on the first track as mentioned above, is that anytime someone puts your CD into their cd player the first track will come on and make the most annoying sound you can imagine. Like white noise on steroids. I think its bad for your speakers too. But Easy CD Creator 5 can burn all the audio onto the CD, and the Data isnt on a track, so no one will ever hear it (the noise). If you put the CD in a PC, they could open the CD rom drive icon and find the folder inside that. What I'd like to learn how to do is make a flash website on an audio CD that starts automatically when you put the disk in the CD rom drive, but I think that requires programming skills.

Back